Why Should You Get Your Dryer Vents Cleaned?
Dryer vents are potential fire hazards! The United States Fire Administration’s Data Center revealed that there are over 15,500 fires annually from faulty or clogged dryer vents. These fires cause an average of 15 deaths and over 400 injuries annually. If a dryer vent is not cleaned regularly, the consequences can be extremely dangerous for you and your family.
When it comes to house fires, you do not want to take any chances. Real Clean Air professionals are trained technicians who can assure you that your dryer vents are properly cleaned.
Warning Signs That Your Dryer Vent Needs to be Cleaned
To prevent a dryer vent home fire or improve poor indoor air quality, Real Clean Air professionals offer these clogged dryer vent indicators for Maryland and Northern Virginia homeowners:
- Clothes take more than one cycle to dry/ have a musty odor
- When you open the dryer there is very hot, humid air
- Lint build-up in your laundry room or around the vent exit
- The vent on the exterior of your home doesn’t have much air flow
- The outside of your dryer is extremely hot
- You found a nest in the vent
- Your last vent cleaning was over 2 years ago
- There is a water mark on your ceiling where your vent runs through
If you notice any of the above dirty dryer vent indicators, do not use your dryer until you call our dryer vent cleaning service in the D.C. Metro area. Real Clean Air offers services to customers living in or near Washington D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia. Our dryer vent cleaning technicians are trained, bonded, insured and trusted by our clients. Don’t chance a dryer vent fire – contact us today.
Book today to receive a free estimate from Real Clean Air services. We offer thorough dryer vent checks and cleanings, as well as HVAC air duct services.